Rich, creamy and flavored Navratan Korma.
Navratan Korma is a flavorful mixed vegetable curry dish with plenty of vegetables, nuts and fruits. It is a creamy curry treat that your entire family will love. It is slightly sweet in taste and kids will absolutely relish them. You can get the fresh Vegetables online from oycfresh.in to prepare delicious Navratan Korma
This dish is very popular all over India and often is made for festivals and special occasions.
4 cups chopped vegetables peas, green beans, green bell pepper, carrots, broccoli
2 cups potato chopped into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoons ghee
2 onions roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
2 inch ginger roughly chopped
1-2 thai bird chilies or 1 serrano pepper
1 large tomato
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon kashmiri chili powder or ½ teaspoon paprika and pinch of cayenne
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
Prep the Veggies:
1. Bring water to a boil then add the chopped potatoes.
2. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes, then add the rest of the vegetables. Put the lid back on and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the veggies in a colander and set aside for now.
Making the Curry:
1. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a medium pot over medium heat.
2. Add cumin seeds and once they turn brown, add the onions. Stir-fry until onions are soft.
3. Then add garlic, ginger, thai bird chili, tomato and spices. Stir-fry for a minute, then add the cashews. Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes.
4. Let this cool and then pour into a blender along with 1 ½ cups of water. Puree until smooth.
5. Pour the blended curry back into the pot over low heat, then add the cooked vegetables.
1. Add coconut cream and kasoori methi to the pot and stir.In a small pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of ghee, golden raisins, and cashews.
2. Stir-fry for a minute, then add sprinkle this over the curry along with some chopped cilantro.
These creamy gravies are served along with Phulka, roti, naan and even biryani and pulaos. These make a complete and a satiating meal for the taste buds and irrespective of the place your guests belong, everyone will relish the same. You can get fresh vegetables online through OYC Fresh just like I did . For a tasty delight. Cheers!! And happy cooking